Upper Abdominal scan For Women
30-minute appointment. Fee. £120.
This scan is available to women from 16 years of age.
We will perform a detailed scan to look at the size, shape, and condition of the:
- Gall bladder
- Biliary system
- Both kidneys
Common examples for having this ultrasound scan are:
- detection of gall stones or polyps
- assessing the liver
- assessing the kidneys for function
We will provide a Sonographer report at the time with a Medical Follow Up Recommendation if necessary. Using the latest cloud technology, Ultrasound Cornwall will send your scan images and report to your mobile phone in seconds.
This secure online service is available with every health care scan we provide. We will also provide a written report to take with you on the day of your scan appointment.
Need to expose lower part of the abdomen so ideally wear 2-piece garments i.e. trousers and top.
- 8 hours of fasting required.
- No breakfast if morning appointment / no lunch for afternoon appointment. Clear fluids including black tea or coffee are allowed.
- or diabetics maintain food intake but avoid fatty or dairy products.
Maintain normal medication.
All ultrasound scans are optional. You must be at least 16 years old, and you should have no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan you are booking. If you are in any doubt about having any type of scan, you should consult your GP.
Phone: 01872 261006